FAQ About Claire's Piercing FAQ
What are the piercing age restrictions?
- Lobe piercings start at infants who have had their final immunization shots
- Cartilage piercings start at 13 years old
- Minors must have a parent/legal guardian over the age of 18 present
Does my parent have to be present?
- A parent or legal guardian must be present of anyone under the age of 18
- A parent/legal guardian must be present in person for the piercing, consent cannot be given over the phone and forms cannot be filled out online
What do I need to bring?
A valid form of ID is needed for whoever is signing off on the piercing. This includes:
- Drivers License
- Military ID
- ID Card
Do I need to make an appointment?
Appointments are not necessary, however you are more than welcome to make one! You can make an appointment via Waitwhile or call us at (304) 255-1330!
What earrings do you pierce with?
At Claire's, we are only able to pierce with the piercing earrings we have in store. Our piercing earrings are completely sterile and are made to be used for ear piercings.
- Medical Grade Stainless Steel
- 14K Gold
- 24k Gold Plated
What does "Free Piercing" mean?
Claire's does not charge a piercing fee. When you get your ears pierced at Claire's you are paying for a starter kit, which includes the earrings and the cleaning solution.
What kind of piercings do you offer?
The Beckley Claire's currently only offers ear piercings. However, we offer several styles of ear piercings which you can find here!
What is the aftercare for an ear piercing?
- To ensure proper healing, always keep your hands clean before touching a new piercing
- Clean the front and back of your ears twice a day with the provided Aftercare Solution; while cleaning your ears, twist the earring two to three times
- Do not remove of tighten the earring backs
- Keep the piercing free from soaps, perfumes, or hair products
- Our Rapid Aftercare Solution offers a 3 week heal time for lobe piercing and a 6 week heal time for cartilage piercings
Can you pierce ears at the same time?
As long as there are two employees present we are able to pierce at the same time! There’s not always multiple employees present, so we do recommend calling ahead of time to find out when and if two employees will be available! You can contact us at (304) 255-1330!
Can I get my nose pierced at Claire's?
While some Claire's locations offer nose piercings, the Beckley Claire's does not currently offer any piercing services aside from ears.
What is the piercing process like?
Claire's offers a safe, sterile and easy piercing process. Our employees are trained to make the experience as safe and comfortable as possible. All piercing equipment is sanitized before and after each customer, and piercing earrings are completely sterile.
Our Piercing Specialists can walk you through the entire process, from selecting your earrings, positioning the piercing, and teaching you piercing aftercare!
What type of piercing system do you use?
We use an industry-leading, high-quality system designed to provide a sterile experience. The benefits of our system include:
- Fully disposable, single-use, sterilized cartridges for a hygienic piercing
- A touch-free piercing instrument that avoids direct contact with your ear
- Use of hand pressure for greater control and precision during piercing
- Automatic and secure placement of piercing back on the earring post for ultimate comfort after piercing