FAQ About Amazon
Amazon Inc. is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Seattle, Washington, focusing on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence. Along with Google, Apple, Microsoft, and Facebook, the U.S. It is on the list of the "Five Biggest Companies" in the information technology industry.
Amazon is a technology company that claims to sell electronics, computers, smart phones, books, toys, DIY store products and much more at affordable prices. Currently, it has also expanded into new sectors with Amazon Prime Video and Prime Gaming.
Amazon Prime is a paid subscription program from Amazon that gives users access to additional services that are not available to regular Amazon customers or that are available for a fee.
Amazon Prime's services include same day, one- or two-day delivery, music and video streaming. You can also watch Amazon-exclusive TV shows on Prime Video, and occasionally get game-specific content on Prime Gaming.
If you are an authorized dealer, you can find popular products that are already available and sell them on Amazon Turkey. If you're a brand owner, you can manufacture your own products or source products to sell under a private label to give shoppers a unique choice.
Once you've determined your strategy, you can create an Amazon seller account. Be sure to prepare what you need to have on hand for this. Such as identity information, valid address information, phone number, credit card information to pay etc.
You can now list your products. For this, you need to check whether your products are suitable for sale. There is a table on Amazon's website where you can compare the suitability of your products for sale.
After adding your products and creating your inventory, all you have to do is attract customers. For this, you can be competitive in terms of prices or you can stand out with fast cargo shipments.
Pay attention to your customer reviews to protect your success after your sales.
Yes there's Amazon Prime Student version. With Amazon Prime Student, you can benefit from Amazon Prime for 6 months free of charge. You can also continue your membership for half the price of Amazon Prime afterwards.
All features are included in Amazon Prime Student. Some of these features are as follows;
- Prime Delivery,
- Prime Video,
- Early Access to Deals,
- Prime Music,
- Prime Reading,
- Amazon Warehouse,
- Prime Exclusives,
- Amazon Photos.
You can subscribe to a Twitch streamer of your choice on a monthly basis for free. In addition, you can optionally get one game for free on a monthly basis. It also provides free in-game content for most popular games.
In addition, Amazon also provides many more specific features for gamers.
Amazon Web Services offers a wide variety of business cloud-based products. These products include storage, databases, analytics, networking, mobile, development tools, and enterprise applications.
- You can securely store all your files in the cloud so you can access them anytime and anywhere.
- You can use managed databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle or SQL Server to store information and send bulk emails to your customers.
- It offers fast data distributions and you can easily add or remove capacity.
According to most companies, Amazon's customer service works better. Working very result-oriented, customer services continue their business by giving the customer the right in every matter that is right as if they are always on the customer's side.
AmazonFresh is a grocery delivery and pickup service offered by Amazon. It allows customers to order a wide range of fresh groceries, household items, and other everyday essentials online and have them delivered directly to their doorstep or available for pickup at designated locations.
Here's how AmazonFresh typically works:
- Online Ordering: Customers can visit the AmazonFresh website or use the Amazon mobile app to browse through various grocery items and add them to their virtual shopping cart. AmazonFresh offers a wide selection of products, including fresh produce, dairy, meat, pantry staples, and more.
- Delivery Options: During the checkout process, customers can choose their preferred delivery option. Depending on the availability in their area, they may have the option for doorstep delivery or pickup from an AmazonFresh Pickup location. Delivery time slots may vary, allowing customers to select a convenient time for their groceries to be delivered.
- Delivery or Pickup: If the customer chooses doorstep delivery, AmazonFresh uses refrigerated vehicles to ensure the freshness and quality of perishable items. The groceries are delivered directly to the customer's designated address. Alternatively, if the customer opts for pickup, they can select a nearby AmazonFresh Pickup location and collect their order at a scheduled time.
- Freshness and Quality: AmazonFresh takes measures to ensure the freshness and quality of the groceries. Perishable items are stored in temperature-controlled environments during transportation, and Amazon takes care to deliver products with appropriate expiration dates.
- AmazonFresh Membership: AmazonFresh requires a separate subscription called AmazonFresh Membership, which provides access to the service's features and benefits. The membership fee may vary based on location, and customers can check for availability in their area on the AmazonFresh website.
Amazon's One-Click ordering feature is designed to simplify the checkout process and make it more convenient for customers to place orders. With One-Click ordering, eligible items can be purchased with just a single click, without the need to go through the traditional shopping cart and checkout process. Here's how it works:
- Enable One-Click Ordering: To use One-Click ordering, customers need to first enable this feature in their Amazon account settings. This can be done by visiting the "Your Account" section on Amazon's website and navigating to the "Your 1-Click Settings" page.
- Set Default Shipping Address and Payment Method: In the One-Click Settings, customers can set their preferred default shipping address and payment method. This information is securely stored on Amazon's servers and used for the One-Click ordering process.
- Find an Eligible Item: While browsing Amazon's website or mobile app, customers can look for products that are eligible for One-Click ordering. Not all items may have this option, but many do. Look for the "Buy Now with 1-Click" button or a similar prompt on the product page.
- Click the One-Click Button: Once an eligible item is found, clicking the "Buy Now with 1-Click" button will initiate the purchase immediately. No additional steps, such as adding the item to a shopping cart or going through the checkout process, are required.
- Confirmation and Order Placement: After clicking the One-Click button, the order is instantly placed using the default shipping address and payment method set in the customer's account. Customers will typically see a confirmation page or a brief order summary, which they can review before finalizing the purchase.
- Order Processing and Shipment: Once the One-Click order is placed, Amazon processes the order and prepares it for shipment. Customers will receive order confirmation emails and updates on the shipping status as usual.
Yes, it is possible to cancel an order on Amazon after it has been placed, but the ability to cancel depends on various factors such as the status of the order and the specific policies of the seller or Amazon. Here's what you need to know about canceling an order on Amazon:
Order Status: To determine if you can cancel an order, check the order status. If the order has not yet been shipped or is in a pre-shipping status, there is a higher likelihood of being able to cancel it. However, if the order has already been shipped or is in the process of being prepared for shipment, cancellation may not be possible, and you may need to consider returning the item instead.
How to Cancel: To cancel an order on Amazon, follow these steps:
- Go to the "Your Orders" section on the Amazon website or mobile app.
- Locate the order you wish to cancel.
- If cancellation is available, you will see an option to "Cancel Items" or "Request Cancellation."
- Click on the cancellation option and follow the on-screen prompts to confirm the cancellation.
Seller's Cancellation Policy: If you purchased the item from a third-party seller on Amazon, their specific cancellation policy will apply. Some sellers may have more lenient cancellation policies, while others may have specific conditions or time limits for canceling an order. Be sure to review the seller's cancellation policy listed on the product page or contact them directly for assistance.
Time Constraints: It's important to act quickly if you want to cancel an order. Once an order is in the shipping process or has been delivered, cancellation may no longer be an option. Therefore, it's advisable to check the order status and attempt cancellation as soon as possible.
Refunds: If a cancellation is successful, Amazon will typically issue a refund for the canceled items. The refund will be processed using the original payment method used for the order, and it may take a few days for the refund to appear in your account, depending on your bank or payment provider.
Amazon's Return Policy allows customers to return most items purchased on Amazon within a specified time frame for a refund or replacement. The policy may vary depending on the type of product, seller, and reason for return. Here are some key points to understand about Amazon's Return Policy:
- Return Eligibility: Most items fulfilled by Amazon or its sellers are eligible for return. However, certain items may have specific return requirements or restrictions, such as software, digital downloads, perishable goods, and personalized products. It's important to review the product's return eligibility on the product page before making a purchase.
- Return Timeframe: The general return window for most items is 30 days from the date of delivery. However, there are exceptions to this timeframe. For example, items purchased during the holiday season may have an extended return period. Additionally, certain product categories, such as electronics, may have a shorter return window or specific conditions.
- Condition of the Item: To be eligible for a full refund, the returned item generally needs to be in its original condition, unless there was a defect or damage during shipping. This means the item should be unopened, unused, and in its original packaging, with all accessories, manuals, and tags included.
- Return Process: To initiate a return, customers can go to the "Your Orders" section on the Amazon website or app and select the item they wish to return. Follow the on-screen prompts to provide a reason for the return and choose whether you want a refund or a replacement. Amazon will provide a return label, and the customer is responsible for packaging and shipping the item back.
- Refund Options: Once the returned item is received and processed by Amazon, eligible refunds are typically issued to the original payment method used for the order. The refund amount may include the price of the item, any applicable taxes, and the original shipping charges (if applicable). It's important to note that certain items may be subject to restocking fees or return shipping costs, which can be deducted from the refund amount.
- Third-Party Sellers: If the item was purchased from a third-party seller on Amazon, their specific return policies and procedures may apply. Be sure to review the seller's return policy on the product page or contact them directly for instructions on returning the item.
Amazon's Subscribe & Save program is designed to provide customers with convenience and savings on regularly used household items. It allows customers to set up recurring deliveries of eligible products, ensuring a steady supply without the need to manually reorder each time. Here's how the Subscribe & Save program typically works:
- Product Selection: Customers can browse through a wide range of eligible products that are part of the Subscribe & Save program. These products include everyday essentials such as household items, groceries, personal care products, pet supplies, and more. Look for the "Subscribe & Save" option on the product listing page.
- Subscription Setup: When selecting a product, customers have the option to choose the Subscribe & Save option and specify the quantity and frequency of deliveries. Common delivery frequencies include monthly, every two months, or every six months. Customers can also adjust or cancel their subscription at any time.
- Discounted Price: By subscribing to an item through the Subscribe & Save program, customers are eligible for a discount on the regular price of the product. The discount may vary depending on the item and the number of subscriptions in a given delivery period. The more items subscribed to, the higher the potential discount.
- Delivery Schedule: Once the subscription is set up, Amazon will automatically process and ship the recurring orders based on the specified delivery frequency. Customers will receive an email notification prior to each shipment, allowing them to review the upcoming order and make any necessary changes.
- Payment and Billing: Customers are charged for each Subscribe & Save order only when the items are shipped. The payment is processed using the payment method associated with the customer's Amazon account. The order total reflects the discounted Subscribe & Save price, and any applicable taxes or additional charges.
- Order Modifications and Cancellation: Customers can make modifications to their Subscribe & Save orders, such as changing the delivery date, quantity, or frequency, by visiting the "Your Subscribe & Save Items" page in their Amazon account. It's also possible to skip a delivery or cancel the subscription altogether if needed.
- Convenience and Benefits: The Subscribe & Save program offers the convenience of automated deliveries, ensuring that customers have a steady supply of their chosen products without the need for manual reordering. Additionally, customers can enjoy savings on eligible items, thanks to the discounted Subscribe & Save prices.
Amazon Pantry is a service offered by Amazon that allows customers to purchase a variety of everyday household items and non-perishable groceries in larger quantities. It provides a convenient way to stock up on essentials without the need to visit physical stores. Here's how Amazon Pantry typically works:
- Product Selection: Customers can browse through a wide selection of products available in the Amazon Pantry section. These products include items like food and beverages, cleaning supplies, personal care products, pet supplies, and more. Pantry items are typically non-perishable and have a longer shelf life.
- Fill the Pantry Box: When shopping on Amazon Pantry, customers can add items to their Pantry Box. The Pantry Box is a virtual box where customers can store their selected items. As items are added, Amazon tracks the available space in the box and provides an estimation of how full the box is.
- Pantry Box Size and Shipping Fee: The size of the Pantry Box determines the shipping fee. There are different box sizes available, such as small, medium, and large. As customers add items to the box, they can monitor how much space is remaining. The shipping fee applies to each Pantry Box, and the fee may vary depending on the box size and whether the customer has a Prime membership.
- Checkout and Delivery: Once the Pantry Box is filled with desired items, customers can proceed to the checkout process. At checkout, customers can review their order and choose a delivery address. The Pantry Box is then shipped to the designated address.
- Pantry Box Consolidation: If customers have other Amazon items in their shopping cart or saved for later, Amazon will attempt to consolidate those items into the Pantry Box to optimize packaging and reduce the number of shipments. This helps to maximize efficiency and minimize packaging waste.
- Delivery Time: After the order is placed, Amazon processes and ships the Pantry Box. The delivery time depends on various factors such as the customer's location, shipping speed selected, and availability of the items. Customers can track the shipment progress and receive updates on the expected delivery date.
- Pantry Exclusives and Discounts: Amazon Pantry often offers exclusive deals and discounts on select products. These deals may vary over time and can provide additional savings for customers.
Amazon Echo is a line of smart speakers developed by Amazon that incorporate a voice-controlled virtual assistant named Alexa. The Echo devices are designed to provide a hands-free experience, allowing users to interact with Alexa and perform various tasks using voice commands.
These are just a few examples of what Amazon Echo and Alexa can do. The capabilities of Echo devices continue to expand as Amazon adds new features and integrations. It's worth noting that different Echo models may have additional features, such as built-in screens, enhanced sound quality, or video calling capabilities.
Amazon's recommendation system is powered by a combination of algorithms and machine learning techniques that analyze various data points to provide personalized product recommendations to its customers. The system takes into account a wide range of factors to understand customer preferences, identify patterns, and suggest relevant products.
It's important to note that Amazon's recommendation system is continuously evolving and improving based on ongoing research and development efforts. The specific details of the recommendation algorithms and techniques used by Amazon are proprietary and not publicly disclosed.
Yes, you can sell handmade products on Amazon through a program called "Amazon Handmade." Amazon Handmade is a platform specifically designed for artisans, craftsmen, and small businesses to sell their unique, handcrafted products to a wide customer base.
It's recommended to thoroughly review Amazon's guidelines and policies for selling on the Handmade platform to ensure compliance and a smooth selling experience. You can visit the Amazon Handmade website for more information and to start the application process.
Amazon's "Fulfillment by Amazon" (FBA) program allows sellers to store their inventory in Amazon's fulfillment centers. Amazon takes care of the warehousing, packaging, shipping, and customer service aspects of order fulfillment. Here's an overview of how the FBA program works:
- Product Storage: As a seller, you ship your products to Amazon's fulfillment centers, where they are stored until orders are placed. Amazon manages the inventory and ensures it is properly organized and accessible.
- Listing Your Products: Once your inventory is in Amazon's fulfillment network, you create product listings on the Amazon marketplace. You provide details about your products, including descriptions, pricing, and images. Your products become available for purchase alongside other items on Amazon.
- Customer Places an Order: When a customer places an order for your product on Amazon, Amazon's system automatically processes the order and notifies the fulfillment center nearest to the customer's location to pick, pack, and ship the item.
- Order Fulfillment: Amazon's fulfillment center staff locates the product, packs it securely, and prepares it for shipment. They handle tasks such as labeling, packaging, and selecting the appropriate shipping method based on the customer's location and the item's dimensions and weight.
- Shipping and Delivery: Amazon handles the shipping process using its extensive logistics network. They work with various shipping carriers to ensure timely and reliable delivery to customers. Customers receive tracking information and can monitor the status of their shipments.
- Customer Service: Amazon provides customer service for orders fulfilled through FBA. They handle customer inquiries, returns, refunds, and other post-order support. This allows sellers to focus on their business while Amazon manages customer service interactions.
- Storage and Inventory Management: Amazon's fulfillment centers monitor and manage your inventory levels. They notify you when inventory needs to be replenished, and they handle stock rotation to ensure items are shipped in a timely manner and that older inventory is sold first.
- Prime Eligibility and Benefits: Products fulfilled through FBA are eligible for Amazon Prime, which offers customers benefits like free two-day or next-day shipping, enhanced visibility in search results, and increased buyer confidence due to Amazon's reputation for reliable and fast fulfillment.
- Fees and Pricing: FBA sellers are subject to various fees, including storage fees based on the size and duration of inventory storage, fulfillment fees for order handling and shipping, and optional services fees for additional services like removal or labeling. These fees vary depending on the dimensions, weight, and category of the products.
- Reporting and Analytics: Amazon provides sellers with access to reporting tools and analytics that offer insights into inventory levels, sales performance, and customer feedback. This data can be used to make informed decisions about inventory management and business strategies.
AmazonSmile is a program by Amazon that allows customers to support charitable organizations of their choice while making purchases on Amazon. When customers shop through AmazonSmile, a portion of their eligible purchases is donated to the selected charitable organization. Here's how AmazonSmile works:
- Participation: Charitable organizations must register and be eligible to participate in the AmazonSmile program. These organizations must be public charitable organizations that are recognized and in good standing with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in the United States or certain other countries.
- Selection of Charitable Organization: Customers can choose a charitable organization from a list of eligible organizations available on the AmazonSmile website. The list includes a wide range of organizations across various causes, such as education, health, environmental conservation, animal welfare, and more.
- Shopping through AmazonSmile: To support their chosen charitable organization, customers need to start their Amazon shopping experience at smile.amazon.com. This is the dedicated AmazonSmile website, where customers can browse and purchase products just like on the regular Amazon website.
- Donation Percentage: For eligible purchases made through AmazonSmile, Amazon donates 0.5% of the purchase price to the customer's selected charitable organization. This donation comes from Amazon's own funds and does not add any additional cost to the customer's purchase.
- Eligible Purchases: Many products available for purchase on Amazon are eligible for AmazonSmile donations. Eligible products are marked with the "Eligible for AmazonSmile donation" label on their product detail pages. However, subscriptions, digital content, gift cards, and some other items are not eligible for donations.
- Donation Distribution: Amazon accumulates the donations generated through AmazonSmile and distributes them quarterly to the participating charitable organizations. Each organization receives the donations designated by customers who chose to support them.
- Transparency and Reporting: Charitable organizations registered with AmazonSmile have access to reporting tools that allow them to track donations and view details about their supporters. This helps organizations understand the impact and funding they receive through the program.
Amazon Locker is a self-service delivery and pickup option provided by Amazon. It allows customers to have their Amazon packages delivered to secure, automated lockers located in various public places, such as convenience stores, grocery stores, shopping centers, and other retail locations. Here's how Amazon Locker works:
- Delivery Option Selection: When placing an order on Amazon, customers who are eligible for Amazon Locker delivery will see the option to select an Amazon Locker location as their shipping address during the checkout process. This option is available for eligible items and locations.
- Locker Selection: Customers can choose the most convenient Amazon Locker location from a list of available lockers near their shipping address. The list typically includes lockers that are within a certain radius of the customer's provided address.
- Delivery and Notification: Once the order is placed and the package is shipped, Amazon delivers the package to the selected Locker location. When the package arrives at the locker, the customer receives a unique pickup code or barcode, as well as a notification via email or text message with instructions on how to retrieve their package.
- Package Pickup: To pick up the package, the customer visits the selected Amazon Locker location. Each locker is equipped with a touch screen and barcode scanner. The customer can either enter their pickup code manually on the touch screen or scan the barcode from their notification. The locker with the customer's package will then automatically open.
- Time Limit for Pickup: Amazon Locker provides customers with a specific timeframe to pick up their package, usually ranging from three to five days. If the package is not picked up within the designated time, it will be returned to Amazon for a refund.
Benefits of Amazon Locker:
- Security and Convenience: Amazon Locker offers a secure option for receiving packages, especially in cases where customers are concerned about package theft or are unable to receive deliveries at home. The lockers provide a convenient pickup location that operates outside regular store hours.
- Flexibility: Amazon Locker allows customers to pick up their packages at a time that suits them, rather than relying on the availability of a home delivery or needing to rearrange schedules for package delivery.
- Easy Returns: Amazon Locker locations also serve as convenient return points for eligible items. Customers can drop off their returns at a participating locker, and Amazon will process the return and issue a refund accordingly.
It's important to note that not all Amazon items or addresses may be eligible for delivery to an Amazon Locker. The availability of Amazon Locker may vary depending on the location and the specific Amazon services available in that area.
When selecting Amazon Locker as a delivery option, customers should carefully follow the instructions provided in their pickup notification to ensure a smooth and successful package retrieval.
Amazon's Trade-In program allows customers to trade in eligible items in exchange for Amazon gift cards. It provides a convenient way to dispose of unwanted items while earning credits to use towards future purchases on Amazon. Here's how the Amazon Trade-In program generally works:
- Eligible Items: The Trade-In program accepts a wide range of products, including electronics, books, video games, movies, and more. However, not all items are eligible, and the eligibility criteria may vary. The Trade-In program's webpage provides information on eligible categories and specific product requirements.
- Product Search and Evaluation: Customers search for the specific item they want to trade in on the Trade-In program's webpage. Amazon provides a list of accepted products, along with their trade-in values. The trade-in value is an estimation of the amount customers can receive in Amazon gift cards for their item.
- Item Condition Assessment: After selecting an item, customers are prompted to provide details about the item's condition, such as whether it is new, used, or damaged. The condition affects the trade-in value, as items in better condition generally receive higher trade-in offers.
- Trade-In Submission: Once the item and condition details are entered, customers can submit the trade-in request. Amazon verifies the trade-in eligibility and condition based on the information provided.
- Trade-In Acceptance: If the trade-in is accepted, Amazon provides a shipping label for the customer to print. The customer then packages the item securely and sends it to Amazon at no cost using the provided label. The package should be shipped within a specified timeframe, typically within 7 days of the trade-in submission.
- Item Verification: Upon receiving the item, Amazon evaluates its condition to ensure it matches the condition specified during the trade-in submission. If the item is in the expected condition, the trade-in is considered complete.
- Gift Card Issuance: Once the trade-in is verified, Amazon issues a gift card credit to the customer's account. The gift card can be used towards future purchases on Amazon, providing a credit equivalent to the accepted trade-in value.
Amazon Pay is an online payment service offered by Amazon that allows customers to make purchases and payments on third-party websites using their Amazon account information. It provides a secure and convenient way to complete transactions without the need to enter payment details separately on each individual website.
The "Buy Box" is a prominent feature on Amazon product pages that allows customers to quickly add an item to their cart and make a purchase. The Buy Box is typically displayed alongside product listings, and when multiple sellers offer the same product, Amazon's algorithm determines which seller's offer appears in the Buy Box.
It's important to note that the Buy Box algorithm is dynamic and can change frequently based on real-time data. The algorithm aims to provide the best customer experience by considering various factors that impact the buying decision. Winning the Buy Box is highly competitive, and multiple sellers may rotate in and out of the Buy Box depending on their performance and the specific circumstances of each customer's shopping experience.
While winning the Buy Box can significantly impact sales and visibility, sellers should also focus on overall performance, competitive pricing, excellent customer service, and maintaining high seller metrics to build a successful business on Amazon.
Amazon Fire TV is a line of streaming media devices and smart TVs developed by Amazon. It allows users to stream digital content from various online platforms, such as Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, Hulu, and more, directly to their television. Here's an overview of Amazon Fire TV and its capabilities:
- Streaming Content: With Amazon Fire TV, you can access a wide range of streaming content, including movies, TV shows, music, and even live TV channels. It supports popular streaming services, and you can download and install apps from the Amazon Appstore to expand your entertainment options.
- Amazon Prime Video: Amazon Fire TV integrates seamlessly with Amazon Prime Video, giving you access to a vast library of movies, TV series, and Amazon Originals. You can stream and download content directly to your Fire TV device.
- Alexa Voice Remote: Amazon Fire TV comes with a remote control that features Alexa voice integration. You can use voice commands to search for content, control playback, launch apps, and even control smart home devices compatible with Alexa.
- Alexa Skills and Smart Home Integration: Amazon Fire TV allows you to access Alexa skills, which are voice-controlled capabilities that enhance your Fire TV experience. You can control compatible smart home devices, check the weather, get news updates, and more using voice commands.
- Gaming: Some models of Amazon Fire TV, such as the Fire TV Stick 4K and Fire TV Cube, support casual gaming. You can download and play a variety of games from the Amazon Appstore, using the included remote or connecting a compatible game controller.
- Screen Mirroring: Fire TV devices support screen mirroring, allowing you to cast content from compatible smartphones, tablets, or computers directly to your TV screen.
- Customization and Personalization: Amazon Fire TV provides various customization options. You can create user profiles, save your preferences, create watchlists, and receive personalized recommendations based on your viewing habits.
- Integration with Other Amazon Devices: Fire TV devices can be integrated with other Amazon devices, such as Echo speakers, to control your Fire TV with voice commands or create a multi-room audio system.
- 4K and HDR Support: Many Fire TV models offer 4K Ultra HD and High Dynamic Range (HDR) support, allowing you to enjoy content with enhanced picture quality and vivid colors on compatible TVs.
- Content Syncing: If you have multiple Fire TV devices, they can be synced to keep your apps, preferences, and viewing progress consistent across devices.