FAQ About Vidcon
VidCon is an annual multi-genre online video conference and convention that brings together content creators, fans, industry professionals, and brands from the online video and social media world. It was originally created by Hank and John Green, who are known for their YouTube channel "Vlogbrothers." VidCon serves as a platform for creators to connect with their audience, collaborate with fellow creators, learn about industry trends, and engage in various activities related to online content creation.
The event typically features a mix of panels, workshops, discussions, meet-and-greets, performances, and networking opportunities. Attendees can learn about various aspects of online content creation, social media strategies, audience engagement, video production techniques, and more. The convention is also a place for fans to interact with their favorite creators, get autographs, take photos, and participate in discussions about their favorite online communities.
VidCon often includes different tracks tailored to different types of attendees: Creators, Industry Professionals, and Community. Creators can gain insights from experienced content creators and industry experts, while Industry Professionals can learn about the latest trends and opportunities in the digital media landscape. The Community track is designed for fans and attendees who want to connect with their favorite creators and fellow fans.
Over the years, VidCon has expanded to multiple locations around the world, including the United States, Europe, Asia, and Australia, catering to a global audience of content creators and enthusiasts. The convention has played a significant role in the growth and development of the online video and social media industries, fostering creativity, collaboration, and innovation in digital content creation.
VidCon is held at various times and locations around the world, catering to different regions and audiences. The specific dates and venues can vary from year to year. As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, here are some examples of VidCon events and their typical locations:
- VidCon US: This is the original and most well-known VidCon event. It's usually held in the summer months, often in June or July, in Anaheim, California, USA. The Anaheim Convention Center is the primary venue for VidCon US.
- VidCon Europe: VidCon Europe has been held in various European cities. Locations have included Amsterdam, Netherlands, and London, UK. The event typically takes place in the spring.
- VidCon Australia: VidCon Australia has been held in Melbourne, Australia. The event has taken place in the fall, often in September.
- VidCon Asia: VidCon Asia events have been held in cities like Singapore. Dates and locations can vary for this region.
- VidCon Mexico: VidCon expanded to Mexico as well, with events held in Mexico City. Dates and locations can vary for this region.
To buy tickets for VidCon, you typically need to follow these steps:
- Visit the Official Website: Go to the official VidCon website. Each VidCon event will have its own dedicated website where you can find information about tickets, schedules, and other details.
- Select the Event: Choose the specific VidCon event you want to attend. This could be VidCon US, VidCon Europe, VidCon Australia, or another regional event.
- Ticket Options: Explore the available ticket options. VidCon usually offers different types of tickets with varying levels of access and benefits. Common ticket types include Community, Creator, Industry, and more.
- Choose Your Ticket: Select the type of ticket that suits your preferences and needs. Consider what level of access you want, whether you're a content creator, industry professional, or fan.
- Purchase Tickets: Click on the "Buy Tickets" or similar button to proceed with the purchase. You'll be directed to a page where you can select the number of tickets you want to purchase.
- Provide Information: Fill out the necessary information, including your name, email address, and any other required details.
- Review and Payment: Review your ticket order and make sure all the information is accurate. Then, proceed to the payment section. You'll need to provide your payment information to complete the transaction.
- Confirmation: After your payment is processed, you'll receive a confirmation email with your ticket details and any additional instructions. Make sure to keep this email safe, as it will likely include information about ticket pickup or other event-related logistics.
- Attend the Event: On the day of the event, follow any instructions provided in the confirmation email for ticket pickup, check-in, or registration. Make sure to have your ticket information handy.
Yes, VidCon typically offers different types of tickets to cater to different types of attendees and their interests. The specific types of tickets may vary from one VidCon event to another, but here are some common ticket categories you might find:
- Community Pass: This pass is often designed for fans and attendees who want to experience the event and interact with their favorite creators. It usually includes access to the main stages, expo hall, meet-and-greets, and general sessions.
- Creator Pass: Geared toward content creators, this pass provides additional opportunities for networking, learning, and collaborating with fellow creators. It might include access to creator-focused panels, workshops, and networking events.
- Industry Pass: This pass is targeted at professionals working in the digital media, entertainment, and online video industries. It often offers access to exclusive industry sessions, networking opportunities, and discussions about trends and strategies.
- Creator Track Pass: Some events offer a dedicated Creator Track Pass, which grants access to specialized sessions and workshops aimed at helping creators improve their content, engage with their audience, and navigate the digital landscape.
- Industry Track Pass: Similar to the Creator Track Pass, the Industry Track Pass provides industry professionals with access to sessions, discussions, and insights tailored to their needs and interests.
- VIP Pass: A VIP Pass usually provides premium access, which might include priority seating at main stage events, exclusive meet-and-greets, special lounges, and other perks.
- Single-Day Pass: If you're only able to attend for a single day, some VidCon events offer single-day passes that provide access to specific activities and sessions on that day.
- Family Pass: This type of pass is designed for families attending together. It often includes a bundle of tickets at a discounted rate.
- Student Pass: Some events offer discounted passes for students who can provide valid student identification.
- Group Pass: If you're attending with a group, there might be group ticket options available at a reduced rate.
I cannot provide you with the specific dates for this year's VidCon. VidCon events typically have varying dates from year to year, and the dates may also differ for each regional VidCon event (US, Europe, Australia, etc.).
To find the most accurate and up-to-date information about the dates for this year's VidCon event, I recommend visiting the official VidCon website or checking their official social media channels. The official sources will have the most reliable and current information about event dates, locations, and other important details.
In many cases, you can purchase tickets for VidCon at the door, but it's important to note that availability and pricing might be different compared to purchasing tickets in advance. Here are a few things to consider:
- Availability: While some VidCon events may offer on-site ticket sales, there's a possibility that certain ticket types, especially those with limited access or special perks, could be sold out by the time the event begins.
- Pricing: Tickets purchased at the door might be more expensive than those purchased in advance. Many events offer early bird discounts or other promotions for attendees who purchase tickets ahead of time.
- Longer Lines: Buying tickets at the door could mean you have to wait in longer lines, especially during peak times when many attendees are arriving.
- Payment Options: Check whether the event accepts various forms of payment at the door, such as credit cards or cash.
- Ticket Types: While basic community-level tickets might be available at the door, it's possible that higher-tier tickets (like VIP or Creator Track passes) could be sold out or unavailable for on-site purchase.
The main difference between VidCon US and VidCon Europe/Asia/Australia lies in their locations and the specific regional audiences they cater to. Here's a breakdown of the key differences:
- VidCon US: The original VidCon event is held in Anaheim, California, USA. It's the flagship event and often serves as a hub for the global online video and social media community.
- VidCon Europe: VidCon Europe events have been held in various European cities, such as Amsterdam, Netherlands, and London, UK. These events bring together content creators, fans, and industry professionals from across Europe.
- VidCon Asia: VidCon Asia events focus on the Asian region and have been held in cities like Singapore. These events provide a platform for content creators and fans from Asia to connect and collaborate.
- VidCon Australia: VidCon Australia events are held in Melbourne, Australia. They cater to the Australian and nearby regions' content creators and fans.
Regional Content and Creators:
- Each regional VidCon event aims to highlight and celebrate the content creators, influencers, and online communities specific to that region. This means you'll find a mix of local and international creators at each event.
- VidCon Europe, Asia, and Australia events often feature content, discussions, and activities that are culturally relevant to their respective regions. This helps attendees connect with creators and content that resonate with their own experiences.
Networking and Collaboration:
- All VidCon events offer opportunities for networking and collaboration, but the specific connections you make at each event might vary based on the attendees from that region.
Languages and Translation:
- Depending on the region, there might be differences in the languages spoken and the availability of translation services for sessions and panels.
Programming and Activities:
- While the core elements of VidCon remain consistent (panels, meet-and-greets, workshops, etc.), the specific programming and activities can differ based on regional interests and trends.
Dates and Schedules:
- The dates and schedules of VidCon events can vary. While VidCon US is typically held in the summer, other events might be held at different times of the year.
Local Industry Presence:
- Industry professionals attending these events might differ based on regional media landscapes, regulations, and opportunities.
VidCon is designed to be an inclusive event that welcomes a diverse range of attendees. Here's a breakdown of who can attend VidCon:
- Content Creators: Content creators from various platforms, such as YouTube, TikTok, Instagram, and more, are welcome to attend VidCon. Many creators use VidCon as an opportunity to connect with their audience, collaborate with fellow creators, and learn from industry experts.
- Fans and Viewers: Fans of online content and social media influencers can attend VidCon to meet their favorite creators, get autographs, take photos, and interact with others who share their interests.
- Industry Professionals: Individuals working in the digital media, entertainment, marketing, and advertising industries can attend VidCon to stay updated on industry trends, network with creators, and explore potential collaborations and partnerships.
- Parents and Guardians: Parents or guardians of underage attendees can accompany their children to VidCon. VidCon often provides information and guidelines for parents to ensure the safety and enjoyment of younger attendees.
- Educators: Educators interested in incorporating digital media and online content creation into their curriculum can attend VidCon to learn about the latest trends and educational resources.
- Aspiring Creators: Individuals who aspire to become content creators can attend VidCon to learn from established creators, gain insights into content creation strategies, and connect with a community that shares their interests.
- Fans of Internet Culture: Anyone interested in internet culture, memes, viral trends, and online communities can enjoy the various panels, discussions, and activities that reflect the vibrant online landscape.
- Media and Press: Media professionals who cover digital media, social media, and online content can attend VidCon to report on the event, interview creators, and learn about emerging trends.
- Students: Some VidCon events offer student discounts or special student-focused activities, making it a great opportunity for students interested in online media and content creation.
Yes, VidCon is open to the public. While there are different types of passes and ticket options available, many VidCon events offer passes that allow members of the public to attend. These passes provide access to various activities, panels, workshops, meet-and-greets, and more, depending on the pass type you choose.
VidCon events are typically open to attendees of various age groups, but the specific age requirements can vary based on the event, the type of pass, and any age restrictions for certain activities. Here are some general guidelines:
- Community Pass: Community passes are often open to attendees of all ages, including teenagers, young adults, and adults. This pass type is designed for fans and attendees who want to experience the event, interact with creators, and engage in various activities.
- Creator Pass: Creator passes might also have a wide age range, as they are meant for content creators who want to learn, collaborate, and improve their skills. Younger content creators might also attend, but it's important to check the specific event's policies.
- Industry Pass: Industry passes are intended for professionals in the digital media and entertainment industry. These passes might have age restrictions due to the nature of the industry-oriented content and networking events.
- VIP and Special Passes: Some special or VIP pass types might have age restrictions due to the exclusive nature of the benefits they offer.
- Content and Activities: The age requirements for specific activities, workshops, or sessions within VidCon events can vary. For example, certain sessions might be more suitable for older attendees due to the content discussed.
- Minors: Attendees who are minors (under 18 years old) are often required to have parental consent or be accompanied by a parent or guardian, especially if the event takes place outside of regular school hours or if there are age-specific restrictions for certain activities.
Yes, many VidCon events offer special discounts for students. These discounts are often provided to make the event more accessible for students who are interested in online media, content creation, and networking opportunities. The availability and details of student discounts can vary from one VidCon event to another.
Yes, parents can often accompany their children to VidCon events. In fact, many events encourage parents or guardians to attend with their underage children, especially if the children are under 18 years old. Here are some important points to consider:
- Age Restrictions: Some VidCon activities or sessions might have age restrictions or content that is more suitable for older attendees. Having a parent or guardian present can help ensure that younger attendees have a safe and appropriate experience.
- Parental Consent: Depending on the event and the age of the attendee, parental consent might be required for underage attendees to attend the event. This could involve signing a consent form or agreeing to specific terms and conditions.
- Accompanying Minors: If you're a parent or guardian accompanying a minor attendee, you might need to purchase a ticket for yourself as well, especially if you plan to attend the event's activities, panels, or workshops.
- Supervision: Parental supervision is generally recommended, especially for younger attendees. VidCon events can be crowded and have a busy schedule, so having a parent present can help ensure the safety and well-being of young attendees.
- Parent Activities: Some VidCon events might offer activities, workshops, or panels specifically for parents or guardians. These activities can provide information about online media, content creation, and digital safety.
- Family Passes: Some events offer family passes that bundle tickets for parents and children together at a discounted rate.
VidCon attracts a wide range of content creators from various online platforms and genres. The event provides a platform for creators to connect with their audience, collaborate with fellow creators, learn from industry experts, and engage in discussions about online media. Here are some types of content creators who often attend VidCon:
- YouTubers: YouTube creators are a significant presence at VidCon. They produce a wide range of content, including vlogs, tutorials, gaming videos, comedy sketches, educational content, and more.
- TikTokers: With the rise of TikTok, creators who produce short-form videos on this platform often attend VidCon to connect with fans and fellow creators.
- Instagram Influencers: Creators who focus on visual content, lifestyle, fashion, beauty, travel, and other topics popular on Instagram are also part of the VidCon community.
- Podcasters: Creators who produce podcasts attend VidCon to connect with their listeners, share their experiences, and engage in discussions about the podcasting industry.
- Gamers and Streamers: Gamers and live streamers who create content on platforms like Twitch attend VidCon to discuss gaming trends, connect with fans, and engage with the gaming community.
- Educational Content Creators: Creators who focus on educational content, tutorials, how-to videos, and informative discussions often attend to share their knowledge and engage with their audience.
- Comedians: Creators who specialize in comedy sketches, parodies, and humor-related content attend VidCon to connect with fans and share insights into their creative process.
- Musicians and Singers: Musicians who use platforms like YouTube to share their original music, covers, and performances attend to connect with fans and fellow musicians.
- Lifestyle and Travel Vloggers: Creators who document their daily lives, travels, adventures, and experiences attend to share their stories and connect with like-minded individuals.
- Artists and Animators: Artists and animators who share their creative process, tutorials, and animations online attend VidCon to engage with their artistic community.
- Fitness and Wellness Creators: Creators who focus on fitness routines, healthy living, wellness tips, and motivation attend to share their expertise and connect with a health-conscious audience.
- Parenting and Family Creators: Creators who document their experiences as parents, share parenting tips, and offer family-oriented content attend to connect with fellow parents and caregivers.
- Science and Tech Creators: Creators who discuss scientific topics, technology trends, and innovations attend VidCon to engage with audiences interested in these fields.
Becoming a featured creator or speaker at VidCon involves a combination of factors, including your content, engagement with your audience, industry presence, and networking. While there's no guaranteed formula, here are some steps you can take to increase your chances of becoming a featured creator or speaker at VidCon:
- Build a Strong Online Presence: Create high-quality and engaging content on your chosen platform (YouTube, TikTok, Instagram, etc.). Consistency and originality are key factors in building a dedicated audience.
- Grow Your Audience: Focus on growing your subscriber or follower count. The larger your audience, the more likely you are to catch the attention of event organizers.
- Engage with Your Audience: Respond to comments, messages, and interactions from your followers. Building a strong and engaged community around your content is attractive to event organizers.
- Showcase Your Expertise: If you're applying to be a speaker, demonstrate your expertise in your field through your content. Create informative videos, share insights, and establish yourself as a credible source.
- Attend VidCon: Attend VidCon events as an attendee to familiarize yourself with the event and connect with fellow creators and industry professionals. Networking at the event can help you establish relationships with organizers.
- Collaborate with Other Creators: Collaborating with established creators can help increase your visibility and credibility within the community.
- Apply to Speak: When VidCon opens its application process for speakers or featured creators, make sure to submit a compelling application. Highlight your content, audience engagement, and any relevant experience you have.
- Show Diversity and Uniqueness: VidCon often looks for creators who bring diverse perspectives and unique content to the event. If you have a fresh take on a popular niche or unique style, it can make you stand out.
- Be Active on Social Media: Engage with the event and its organizers on social media. Share your thoughts about previous events, interact with their posts, and use relevant hashtags.
- Professionalism: Demonstrating professionalism in your online presence, communication, and interactions with others is important. Event organizers want creators who will represent VidCon positively.
- Stay Informed: Follow VidCon's official social media accounts and subscribe to their newsletters to stay informed about opportunities and announcements related to speakers and featured creators.
VidCon offers a wide range of attractions and activities that cater to content creators, fans, industry professionals, and anyone interested in the world of online media and content creation. Here are some of the main attractions you can expect at VidCon:
- Creator Panels and Workshops: VidCon features a variety of panels and workshops where content creators share insights, strategies, and experiences related to content creation, audience engagement, and digital media trends.
- Meet-and-Greets: Attendees have the opportunity to meet their favorite creators, take photos, get autographs, and interact with online personalities.
- Main Stage Events: Main stage events often feature live performances, musical acts, comedy shows, and other entertainment that showcases the talents of content creators.
- Expo Hall: The Expo Hall is a bustling marketplace where attendees can interact with brands, explore new products, discover innovative technologies, and connect with industry professionals.
- Industry Sessions: For professionals in the entertainment and digital media industries, VidCon offers sessions that discuss trends, challenges, and opportunities in the world of online content.
- Creator Networking: VidCon provides opportunities for creators to network with fellow creators, industry experts, and potential collaborators.
- Educational Tracks: Tracks tailored to creators, industry professionals, and community members offer sessions focused on skill-building, audience engagement, monetization, and more.
- Influencer Lounges: Some events offer lounges where creators can relax, network, and connect with fellow creators in a more informal setting.
- Workshops and Masterclasses: Deep-dive workshops and masterclasses offer more hands-on learning experiences for attendees looking to improve their content and digital media skills.
- Community Activities: VidCon offers community-oriented activities that encourage interaction among attendees, fostering a sense of belonging and shared interests.
- Exclusive Content Previews: Attendees might have the opportunity to see exclusive previews of upcoming content, shows, and projects from their favorite creators.
- Creator Awards and Recognitions: Some events host awards ceremonies that recognize outstanding creators in various categories.
- Keynote Speakers: VidCon often features keynote speakers who share their experiences, insights, and thoughts on the future of online media.
- Networking Events: Events like parties, mixers, and networking sessions provide opportunities for attendees to connect and build relationships with fellow attendees and industry professionals.
- Brand Activations: Brands often set up interactive activations that allow attendees to engage with their products or services in creative and fun ways.
- Interactive Zones: Some events have interactive zones that showcase the latest technologies, virtual reality experiences, and innovative content formats.
- Live Performances: Musical performances, comedy shows, and other live entertainment are common attractions that showcase creators' talents beyond their online content.
Yes, meet-and-greets with creators are a common and popular feature at VidCon events. Meet-and-greets provide attendees with the opportunity to meet their favorite online content creators in person, interact with them, take photos, and sometimes even receive autographs. Here's how meet-and-greets typically work at VidCon:
- Scheduling: VidCon often schedules specific times and locations for meet-and-greet sessions with various creators. These sessions are usually listed in the event schedule or app.
- RSVP or Ticketing: Depending on the event and the popularity of the creator, meet-and-greet sessions might require an RSVP or a separate ticket to attend. This helps manage the number of attendees and ensure a positive experience for everyone.
- Queues: Attendees who have RSVPed or obtained a meet-and-greet ticket will join a queue or line at the designated location. Queues can get quite long, especially for well-known creators, so it's a good idea to arrive early.
- Interaction: During the meet-and-greet session, attendees typically have a brief interaction with the creator. This might involve a handshake, a quick chat, taking a selfie, and sometimes receiving a small giveaway or autograph.
- Time Limit: Due to the number of attendees, meet-and-greet interactions are often kept short to allow as many fans as possible to meet the creators.
- Safety and Etiquette: Event staff and security often manage the meet-and-greet areas to ensure safety and a smooth flow of attendees. It's important to follow any instructions provided by event staff and to be respectful of other attendees.
- Creator Variety: VidCon usually brings together a diverse group of creators, allowing attendees to meet creators from different niches, genres, and platforms.
- Exclusive Experiences: Some VIP or premium pass holders might have access to exclusive meet-and-greet opportunities with select creators.
Signing up for meet-and-greets at VidCon events often involves a combination of steps, including checking the event's schedule, RSVPing or obtaining a ticket, and following any specific instructions provided by the event organizers. Here's a general guide on how to sign up for meet-and-greets:
- Check the Event Schedule: The first step is to check the official event schedule for the VidCon event you're attending. Meet-and-greet sessions will be listed along with the creators who will be participating, the date, time, and location of the session.
- RSVP or Ticket: Depending on the event and the popularity of the creator, meet-and-greet sessions might require an RSVP or a separate ticket to attend. Check the event's website or app to see if there's a registration or ticketing process.
- Registration Process: If an RSVP or ticket is required, follow the registration process outlined on the event's website. This might involve creating an account, providing your details, and selecting the specific meet-and-greet sessions you're interested in.
- Limited Availability: Keep in mind that meet-and-greets often have limited availability due to the number of attendees and the popularity of the creators. Sessions can fill up quickly, so it's recommended to sign up as soon as registration opens.
- RSVP Deadlines: Pay attention to any RSVP deadlines provided by the event organizers. Meet-and-greet sessions might close for RSVPs before the event starts to allow for proper planning.
- Ticket Pickup: If you're required to pick up a physical meet-and-greet ticket, follow the instructions provided by the event organizers. This might involve visiting a specific location or booth to collect your ticket.
- Arrival: On the day of the meet-and-greet, make sure to arrive at the designated location with your ticket or confirmation details. Be prepared to join the queue or line for the session.
- Follow Instructions: Follow any instructions provided by event staff and security. They will guide you through the process and ensure that the meet-and-greet sessions run smoothly.
- Respect Etiquette: During the meet-and-greet, be respectful of the creator's time and the time of other attendees. Keep interactions brief and positive to allow as many fans as possible to have a chance to meet the creator.
The Creator Track at VidCon is a series of sessions, workshops, and activities specifically designed for content creators. It's a track within the larger VidCon event that focuses on providing creators with valuable insights, knowledge, and resources to enhance their content creation, engage with their audience, and navigate the digital media landscape. The Creator Track is tailored to the needs and interests of individuals who are actively producing content online.
The Industry Track at VidCon is a series of sessions, panels, discussions, and activities designed for professionals working in the digital media, entertainment, marketing, and advertising industries. This track provides a platform for industry experts, executives, and professionals to gain insights into the latest trends, strategies, and opportunities in the online content creation space. The Industry Track is a part of the larger VidCon event and focuses on the business and strategic aspects of the digital media landscape.
The Industry Track is designed to provide professionals with a comprehensive understanding of the challenges and opportunities within the online media industry. It's a space for networking, learning from industry leaders, and gaining insights that can help professionals make informed decisions and stay competitive in a rapidly evolving digital landscape.
If you're a professional in the digital media, entertainment, or marketing industries looking to attend VidCon and participate in the Industry Track, be sure to check the event schedule and website for details about the specific sessions, panels, and activities offered as part of the Industry Track at the VidCon event you plan to attend.
Yes, VidCon offers various networking opportunities for attendees, including content creators, fans, industry professionals, and anyone interested in the world of online media and content creation. Networking is a key aspect of the event, allowing attendees to connect, collaborate, and build relationships within the online media community. Here are some of the networking opportunities available at VidCon:
- Creator Meet-and-Greets: Creators often have meet-and-greet sessions where attendees can interact with them, ask questions, and take photos. It's a great way to connect with your favorite creators and learn more about their content.
- Industry Mixers: VidCon might host industry-specific mixers or networking events where professionals in the digital media, entertainment, and marketing sectors can connect with one another.
- Workshops and Panels: Educational sessions, workshops, and panels provide opportunities to learn from industry experts and connect with fellow attendees who share your interests.
- Expo Hall: The Expo Hall features various booths and activations from brands, platforms, and industry partners. It's a space where attendees can interact with industry representatives, potential collaborators, and other attendees.
- Social Spaces: Some events have designated social spaces where attendees can relax, chat, and meet new people in a casual setting.
- Creator Lounges: Some events offer lounges specifically for creators, providing a space where content creators can connect, network, and share experiences.
- Online Communities: VidCon often encourages attendees to join and engage with event-specific online communities and forums, where they can connect before, during, and after the event.
- Pitch Meetings: Some events might offer opportunities for creators to pitch their ideas or projects to industry professionals, potentially leading to collaborations or partnerships.
- Breakout Sessions: Smaller breakout sessions or roundtable discussions offer intimate settings where attendees can have in-depth conversations with speakers and fellow attendees.
- Social Media Interactions: Engaging with the event and its participants on social media platforms can lead to online connections and discussions that continue beyond the event.
- After-Parties and Events: Some events organize after-parties, networking receptions, or other social events where attendees can mingle in a relaxed environment.
Yes, you may be able to bring and sell merchandise at VidCon events, but the rules and guidelines regarding merchandise sales can vary based on the event's policies, the venue, and the specific regulations in place. Here are some important points to consider if you're interested in selling merchandise at VidCon:
- Vendor or Exhibitor Opportunities: Many VidCon events offer opportunities for vendors, exhibitors, and creators to set up booths or tables in designated areas to sell merchandise. These areas are often part of the Expo Hall or a marketplace section.
- Vendor Application Process: If you're interested in selling merchandise, you'll likely need to go through a vendor application process. This may involve providing information about your merchandise, business, and booth setup.
- Merchandise Approval: The event organizers will review your merchandise to ensure that it aligns with the event's themes and guidelines. Merchandise that doesn't meet the event's criteria might not be approved.
- Booth or Table Rental: If your merchandise is approved, you'll typically need to rent booth space or a table. Costs can vary, and the event's website will provide details about pricing and availability.
- Permits and Licensing: Depending on your location and the nature of your merchandise, you might need permits or licenses to sell at the event. Check with event organizers and local authorities for any required permits.
- Inventory: Make sure you have enough inventory to last throughout the event. Plan for high foot traffic and sales during peak times.
- Payment Methods: Be prepared to accept various forms of payment, such as cash, credit cards, and digital payment methods.
- Merchandising and Display: Create an eye-catching booth setup that showcases your merchandise attractively. Consider using banners, signage, and displays to draw attendees to your booth.
- Compliance: Follow the event's rules and guidelines for booth setup, signage, safety, and other regulations.
- Taxation: Understand the tax regulations related to selling merchandise at events. You might be required to collect and remit sales tax.
- Packaging and Shipping: If attendees purchase items that are too large to carry, consider offering packaging and shipping services.
- Engagement: Engage with attendees, answer questions, and be prepared to share information about your brand and merchandise.
The VidCon Expo Hall is a central and bustling part of the VidCon event where attendees can explore a wide range of booths, activations, exhibits, and interactive experiences. It's a marketplace-like area where attendees can engage with brands, creators, platforms, and industry partners in a dynamic and immersive environment. The Expo Hall offers a diverse array of opportunities for attendees to discover new products, learn about industry trends, and interact with various elements of the online media and content creation landscape.
Participating in panels and workshops at VidCon involves a combination of factors, including your expertise, content, networking, and sometimes an application process. Here are the general steps you can take to increase your chances of participating in panels and workshops at VidCon:
- Expertise and Content: To be considered as a panelist or workshop presenter, you should have expertise in a specific area related to online media, content creation, or the digital media industry. Your content should showcase your knowledge and experience.
- Networking: Engage with the VidCon community, including fellow creators, fans, and industry professionals. Attend previous VidCon events to network and establish relationships with event organizers and other attendees.
- Event Participation: Attend VidCon events as an attendee to get a feel for the event's atmosphere, the types of panels and workshops offered, and the audience's interests.
- Submit Proposals: Some VidCon events might have an open call for panel or workshop proposals. Keep an eye on the event's official website and social media channels for announcements about proposal submission periods.
- Proposal Content: When submitting a proposal, provide detailed information about the topic you'd like to cover, your expertise in the area, your approach to presenting the content, and why it would be valuable to the VidCon audience.
- Demonstrate Uniqueness: Showcase how your proposed panel or workshop offers a unique perspective, addresses current trends, or provides practical insights that would benefit attendees.
- Collaborations: Consider teaming up with other creators or professionals who can bring complementary expertise to the panel or workshop.
- Prepare a Presentation: If your proposal is accepted, be prepared to create and deliver a well-structured and engaging presentation or discussion. Make sure your content aligns with the audience's interests and expectations.
- Promotion: If you're selected as a panelist or workshop presenter, actively promote your participation to your audience and on social media to encourage attendance.
- Attendee Engagement: During the panel or workshop, engage with the audience, answer questions, and foster discussions to create a meaningful and interactive experience.
- Event Follow-Up: After the event, continue engaging with attendees who attended your panel or workshop through social media and other channels.
Yes, VidCon provides a detailed schedule of events for each of its events. The schedule includes information about panels, workshops, meet-and-greets, performances, industry sessions, creator sessions, and various other activities taking place throughout the event. The schedule helps attendees plan their time, prioritize the sessions they want to attend, and make the most of their VidCon experience.
Yes, VidCon typically offers age-specific activities and content tailored to teenagers and kids as part of its programming. While the availability of these activities may vary based on the specific VidCon event and location, the organizers often aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment that caters to attendees of all ages. Here are some examples of age-specific activities you might find at VidCon:
- Teen and Kid Tracks: Some VidCon events offer separate tracks or programming designed specifically for teenagers and kids. These tracks might include sessions, workshops, and activities that address topics and interests relevant to younger attendees.
- Interactive Zones: VidCon might have interactive zones that are especially appealing to teenagers and kids. These zones could include gaming areas, virtual reality experiences, arts and crafts stations, and more.
- Meet-and-Greets with Young Creators: VidCon often features young content creators who have gained popularity among teenagers and kids. Meet-and-greets with these creators provide fans with the opportunity to interact with their online idols.
- Performances and Shows: Musical performances, comedy shows, and other live entertainment acts that resonate with younger audiences might be part of the event's schedule.
- Educational Content: Workshops and panels covering topics like digital literacy, online safety, and responsible content creation can be tailored to educate younger attendees.
- Fan Interaction: Young fans have the chance to interact with their favorite content creators, ask questions, and engage in discussions that are relevant to their interests.
- Family-Friendly Activities: VidCon often includes family-friendly activities that parents and children can enjoy together. These activities might focus on creativity, learning, and having fun as a family.
- Character Meet-and-Greets: Depending on the event and partnerships, there might be meet-and-greets with popular characters from kids' shows or movies.
- Storytelling and Workshops: Sessions that encourage young attendees to explore storytelling, creative writing, or other artistic activities could be offered.
- Age-Appropriate Content: The content featured in panels and sessions might be curated to ensure that it's appropriate and engaging for younger attendees.
Yes, cameras and recording devices are generally allowed at VidCon events, but there are certain guidelines and restrictions that attendees should be aware of to ensure a positive experience for everyone. Here are some points to consider regarding cameras and recording devices at VidCon:
- Personal Use: Attendees are typically allowed to bring cameras and recording devices for personal use, such as taking photos and videos of the event, panels, workshops, and interactions with creators.
- Respect Privacy: While filming attendees, creators, and activities is allowed, it's important to respect the privacy of others. Avoid filming people who do not want to be recorded, and be mindful of sensitive moments.
- Creator Interactions: Many attendees enjoy taking photos and videos with their favorite content creators during meet-and-greets and interactions. However, it's courteous to ask for permission before recording these interactions.
- Panel and Workshop Guidelines: Some panels and workshops might have specific rules about recording or photographing the session. Follow any guidelines provided by the moderators or presenters.
- No Commercial Use: Using footage or images taken at VidCon for commercial purposes (such as selling content or using it in promotional materials) without proper authorization may be prohibited.
- Follow Event Rules: Review the event's code of conduct and policies to understand the rules related to photography and recording. These rules are in place to ensure a respectful and safe environment for all attendees.
- Special Events and Performances: Keep in mind that there might be restrictions on recording certain special events, live performances, or musical acts to protect copyright and licensing agreements.
- Equipment Size: Be mindful of the size of your equipment. Large tripods, professional camera setups, and bulky recording devices might obstruct pathways or cause inconvenience to others.
- Social Sharing: Sharing your experience on social media is encouraged and often celebrated at VidCon. Be sure to use official event hashtags and tags when posting your content.
- Live Streaming: Some events might allow attendees to live stream panels or activities, but it's important to follow event guidelines and respect copyright and privacy.
- Follow Staff Instructions: If event staff or security provides instructions related to photography and recording, be sure to follow their guidance.
Yes, VidCon events typically offer food and beverage options at the venue to ensure that attendees have access to refreshments throughout the day. The availability of food and drinks can vary based on the specific event, venue, and location. Here's what you can generally expect:
- Food Courts and Vendors: Many VidCon events have designated areas with food courts or food vendors where attendees can purchase a variety of meals, snacks, and drinks.
- Cafes and Concession Stands: The venue might have cafes, concession stands, or kiosks that offer a selection of quick bites, sandwiches, beverages, and more.
- Food Trucks: Some events feature food trucks parked around the venue, offering a diverse range of food options.
- Snacks and Refreshments: You'll likely find options for snacks, such as chips, candy, and granola bars, available for purchase.
- Beverages: Look for stands or stations offering water, soft drinks, coffee, tea, and other beverages.
- Dietary Options: Depending on the event, there may be options for vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, or other dietary preferences.
- Seating Areas: The food and beverage areas might have seating areas where you can relax and enjoy your meals.
- Cash and Payment Options: Be prepared to make payments with cash or cards, as different vendors might have different payment methods.
- Outside Food: Some events allow attendees to bring their own snacks or light refreshments, but check the event's policies to confirm if this is allowed.
- Line Queues: During peak meal times, there might be lines at popular food vendors, so plan accordingly.
Yes, VidCon events often offer opportunities for individuals to volunteer and be part of the event's operations. Volunteering at VidCon can be a rewarding way to contribute to the event, connect with the online media community, and gain behind-the-scenes experience. Here are some key points to consider if you're interested in volunteering at VidCon:
- Check the Official Website: Visit the official VidCon event website to see if there are any open calls for volunteers. Look for a "Volunteer" or "Get Involved" section.
- Application Process: If there are volunteer opportunities available, there will likely be an application process. This might involve submitting an application form, providing your availability, and explaining your interest in volunteering.
- Roles and Responsibilities: Volunteer roles can vary and may include tasks such as assisting with registration, helping attendees find their way, managing lines, providing information, and more.
- Benefits: Volunteering at VidCon might come with benefits such as free or discounted event access, a volunteer t-shirt, and the opportunity to network with event organizers, creators, and fellow volunteers.
- Time Commitment: Consider the time commitment required for volunteering. Events might ask for volunteers to commit to a certain number of shifts or hours.
- Age Requirements: Be sure to check if there are any age requirements for volunteers. Some events might have minimum age restrictions.
- Training: Volunteers might be required to attend a training session before the event to familiarize themselves with their roles and responsibilities.
- Professionalism: As a volunteer, you'll be representing the event, so professionalism and a positive attitude are important.
- Communication: Pay attention to emails or communication from the event organizers regarding your volunteer assignment, schedule, and any updates.
- Follow Rules: Adhere to the event's rules, guidelines, and code of conduct while volunteering.
- Networking: Volunteering can provide a great opportunity to meet event organizers, creators, industry professionals, and fellow volunteers. Make connections and make the most of the experience.
- Application Deadlines: Be aware of application deadlines and submit your application within the specified timeframe.
Yes, many VidCon events often feature official parties and events that take place outside the main schedule of panels, workshops, and activities. These parties and events provide additional opportunities for attendees to socialize, network, and have fun in a more relaxed and informal setting. Here are some common types of official VidCon parties and events that might take place:
- Creator Meet-Ups: These are casual gatherings where attendees can meet and interact with their favorite creators in a relaxed atmosphere. It's a chance for creators and fans to connect on a personal level.
- Industry Mixers: VidCon events often include networking events specifically for industry professionals, creators, and other key players in the online media and entertainment sectors.
- After-Parties: Some VidCon events host after-parties that allow attendees to unwind and socialize after a day of activities. After-parties may have music, dancing, and other entertainment.
- Themed Parties: VidCon might organize themed parties with a specific focus or theme, providing a unique and engaging experience for attendees.
- VIP and Influencer Events: Exclusive events might be organized for VIP attendees, influencers, and industry insiders.
- Charity Events: Some VidCon events include charity events or fundraisers that give attendees a chance to support a cause while socializing.
- Live Performances: Concerts, live performances, and showcases by musicians, comedians, and other entertainers might be part of the event's additional programming.
- Screenings: Special screenings of content, movies, or videos related to online media could be hosted during the event.
- Social Media Challenges: Organizers might create social media challenges or scavenger hunts that encourage attendees to engage with the event in a fun and interactive way.
- Brand and Sponsor Events: Some sponsors and brands may host their own private events or parties as part of their engagement with the event.
Refund policies for VidCon tickets can vary depending on the event, the type of ticket you purchased, and the terms and conditions set by the event organizers. It's important to review the refund policy before purchasing tickets, as it will outline the conditions under which refunds are offered and any associated fees or deadlines.
Yes, many VidCon events offer official event apps that provide attendees with essential information, schedules, updates, maps, and other helpful features. These apps are designed to enhance the attendee experience by providing easy access to event details and allowing attendees to personalize their schedules. Here's what you can typically expect from a VidCon event app:
- Event Schedule: The app will include a comprehensive schedule of panels, workshops, meet-and-greets, performances, and other activities taking place throughout the event.
- Personal Schedule: Attendees can create a personalized schedule by adding sessions and activities they're interested in attending.
- Maps: Interactive venue maps help attendees navigate the event space, find session rooms, exhibitor booths, and other important locations.
- Notifications: The app can send notifications for schedule changes, important announcements, and updates from the event organizers.
- Creator Profiles: Many apps provide profiles of featured creators, speakers, and guests, along with their bios and social media links.
- Social Media Integration: Some apps allow users to directly connect their social media accounts to share updates and engage with other attendees.
- Interactive Features: Some apps might include interactive features like polls, Q&A sessions, and live polling during sessions.
- Exhibitor Information: Learn about exhibitors, sponsors, and brands participating in the event.
- Networking: Depending on the app, you might have the option to connect with other attendees, creators, and industry professionals.
- Merchandise and Tickets: Some apps enable users to purchase event merchandise and tickets for meet-and-greets or other special sessions.
- Event Announcements: Receive real-time updates on announcements, contests, and special offers.
- Compatibility: The app is usually available for both iOS and Android devices.
Arriving early at VidCon can greatly enhance your overall experience by allowing you to maximize your time, participate in popular activities, and avoid missing out on sessions or opportunities. While the ideal arrival time can vary based on your goals and interests, here are some general guidelines to consider:
- Check the Schedule: Review the event schedule and plan which panels, workshops, meet-and-greets, and activities you want to attend. Note the start times and locations of your top priority sessions.
- High-Priority Sessions: For high-priority sessions or events that you're particularly excited about, aim to arrive at the venue well before the session starts. Seats for popular sessions can fill up quickly, so arriving early increases your chances of getting a good seat.
- Networking and Exploration: If networking, exploring the venue, and interacting with exhibitors are important to you, arriving early gives you the opportunity to do so before the event gets too crowded.
- Registration and Check-In: If you need to pick up your badge, registration materials, or any event swag, arriving early can help you avoid long lines and delays.
- Creator Meet-and-Greets: If you have tickets for creator meet-and-greets, follow the instructions provided by the event organizers regarding arrival times and queueing.
- Breaks and Meals: Arriving early also provides you with time for breaks, meals, and exploring the food options available at the venue.
- Special Sessions: Some events offer early access or special sessions for attendees who arrive early. Check if there are any such opportunities at the event you're attending.
- Take Advantage of Less Crowded Times: Arriving early might allow you to experience the event with fewer attendees, making it easier to engage with creators, ask questions, and take photos without the rush.
- Capture Content: If you're a content creator or enjoy documenting your experiences, arriving early provides more opportunities for capturing photos and videos of the event before it gets crowded.
- Socializing: If connecting with fellow attendees, fans, and creators is important to you, arriving early gives you more time for casual interactions and networking.
The "VidCon Community" refers to the collective group of attendees, creators, fans, industry professionals, and enthusiasts who come together to celebrate and engage with the world of online video content, digital media, and online entertainment. VidCon events serve as a hub where this community can connect, learn, share experiences, and participate in a wide range of activities related to content creation, online platforms, and digital culture.
Yes, many VidCon events typically have a designated Lost and Found area where attendees can inquire about and retrieve lost items. The Lost and Found area is a centralized location where event staff collect and organize items that have been found during the event. If you lose something or find an item that doesn't belong to you, the Lost and Found area is the place to go. Here's what you should know about Lost and Found at VidCon:
- Location: The Lost and Found area is usually located in a visible and accessible part of the event venue. It might be near the registration area, information desk, or a central meeting point.
- Items Found: The Lost and Found area collects a variety of items, including personal belongings, bags, clothing, electronic devices, and more.
- Reporting Lost Items: If you lose an item, visit the Lost and Found area as soon as possible to report it. Provide a detailed description of the lost item, where you last had it, and any identifying features.
- Reclaiming Lost Items: If you discover that you've lost an item, visit the Lost and Found area to inquire if your item has been found. You might need to provide identification or proof of ownership to retrieve your item.
- Identification: Be prepared to provide a description of the lost item, your contact information, and any relevant details that will help event staff identify and locate the item.
- Returning Found Items: If you find an item that doesn't belong to you, you can also bring it to the Lost and Found area. Event staff will take care of ensuring it's returned to its owner.
- Valuables: If you have valuable items like wallets, phones, or jewelry, it's a good idea to keep them secure to reduce the risk of losing them.
- Check the App or Website: Some events might have a Lost and Found section on their official app or website with information about how to report lost items or inquire about found items.
- Check for Announcements: Keep an eye on event announcements, social media accounts, and on-site signage for information about the Lost and Found area.
Yes, VidCon events typically provide accessibility services and accommodations to ensure that attendees with disabilities can fully participate in and enjoy the event. These services are designed to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for everyone. While specific offerings can vary based on the event and venue, here are some common accessibility services that you might find at VidCon:
- Accessible Venue: The event venue is often equipped with ramps, elevators, and accessible entrances to ensure that attendees with mobility challenges can navigate the space comfortably.
- Accessible Restrooms: Accessible restrooms are available throughout the event venue for attendees who require them.
- Reserved Seating: Many event sessions and panels have reserved seating areas for attendees with disabilities and their companions.
- Sign Language Interpreters: Sign language interpreters may be provided for sessions, workshops, and main stage events to accommodate attendees who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Assistive Listening Devices: Assistive listening devices, such as hearing loop systems or headsets, might be available to enhance the audio experience for attendees with hearing impairments.
- Service Animal Accommodations: Attendees with service animals are often welcomed at VidCon events. The event staff ensures that they have appropriate accommodations and access.
- Braille and Large Print Materials: Event materials, schedules, and signage might be available in Braille or large print formats for attendees with visual impairments.
- Quiet Spaces: Quiet spaces or sensory-friendly areas may be provided for attendees who need a break from the event's sensory stimuli.
- Accessible Registration: The event registration process is designed to be accessible, with accommodations for attendees who need assistance.
- Accessible Transportation: Information about accessible transportation options to and from the event venue might be provided.
- Communication Support: Event staff might be trained to communicate effectively with attendees who have various communication needs.
- Accessibility Information: The event's official website or app might have a dedicated accessibility section with information about available services and how to request them.
Yes, cosplay is generally allowed and welcomed at VidCon events! Cosplay, which involves dressing up as a character from a movie, TV show, video game, comic book, or even as your favorite content creator, is a creative and popular way for attendees to express themselves and connect with their passions. Cosplaying at VidCon can be a fun and engaging experience that allows you to show your fandom and interact with other attendees who share similar interests.
VidCon events typically have security measures in place to ensure the safety and well-being of all attendees, creators, staff, and participants. These measures are designed to create a secure environment while allowing everyone to enjoy the event. While specific security measures can vary based on the event, venue, and location, here are some common security practices you might find at VidCon:
- Bag Checks: Attendees might go through bag checks upon entry to the event venue. Security personnel will inspect bags for prohibited items.
- Metal Detectors: Some events use metal detectors at entrances to detect any metal objects that could pose a security risk.
- Credential Checks: Attendees might be required to show their event badges, wristbands, or tickets for entry into certain areas.
- Access Control: Controlled access points might be established to ensure that only authorized individuals can enter restricted areas.
- Security Personnel: Trained security staff, including uniformed personnel and plainclothes security, are present to monitor the event and respond to any security concerns.
- Emergency Services: Event organizers typically have emergency medical personnel on standby to provide medical assistance if needed.
- Security Cameras: Surveillance cameras might be strategically placed throughout the event venue to monitor activities and ensure public safety.
- Event App or Website: Event organizers might communicate security information, guidelines, and emergency procedures through the official event app or website.
- Crowd Management: Security personnel help manage crowd flow, especially during high-traffic times or at popular sessions.
- Prohibited Items: Attendees are often informed about prohibited items that are not allowed within the event venue, such as weapons, hazardous materials, and oversized bags.
- Communication: Security staff might wear identifiable clothing or badges, and they can provide information and assistance to attendees.
- Evacuation Plans: Event organizers have evacuation plans in place in case of emergencies. Attendees are usually informed about evacuation routes and procedures.
- Anti-Harassment Measures: VidCon events often have policies and procedures in place to address harassment or inappropriate behavior and ensure a respectful environment.
- Emergency Notifications: Event organizers can use public address systems, announcements, or notifications through the event app to communicate important information to attendees.
VidCon has an active online community that allows fans, creators, and enthusiasts to connect, share content, and engage with each other even when the physical events are not taking place. To join VidCon's online community, follow these steps:
- Social Media Platforms: VidCon maintains a strong presence on various social media platforms, including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and more. Follow VidCon's official accounts on these platforms to stay updated on news, announcements, and community activities.
- Join Facebook Groups: Many VidCon events have official Facebook groups where attendees and fans can interact, share experiences, and discuss various topics related to the event and online content. Search for event-specific groups on Facebook and request to join.
- Follow Hashtags: On platforms like Twitter and Instagram, search for event-related hashtags (e.g., #VidCon) to find posts from other attendees and creators. This is a great way to discover content and connect with like-minded individuals.
- Engage with Content: Like, comment on, and share posts from VidCon's official accounts and other community members. Engaging with content is a way to show your support and connect with others.
- Sign Up for Newsletters: Check the VidCon event's official website for options to sign up for newsletters or email updates. This will ensure you receive the latest news and updates about the event and the community.
- Event Apps: Some VidCon events offer official event apps that include features for connecting with other attendees and participating in online activities.
- Creators and Influencers: Follow your favorite creators, influencers, and speakers on their social media platforms. They often share updates about their participation in VidCon events and interact with their fans.
- Content Sharing: Share your own content related to VidCon, whether it's about your experience, preparation, or excitement for the event. Using event-related hashtags can help others discover your content.
- Online Forums: Explore online forums and platforms that focus on content creation, events, and digital media. These platforms might have specific sections or threads related to VidCon.
- Engage in Conversations: Participate in conversations, polls, and discussions related to VidCon topics on social media platforms. Engaging with others is a great way to connect and make new friends.
The policy regarding livestreaming or recording sessions and panels at VidCon can vary based on the event, the specific session, and the preferences of the speakers and event organizers. Generally, VidCon events encourage engagement, interaction, and sharing among attendees, but there are some important guidelines to consider:
- Respect Speaker Preferences: Some speakers might have specific preferences about whether their sessions can be recorded or livestreamed. If a speaker requests that their session not be recorded, respect their wishes.
- Ask for Permission: If you plan to record or livestream a session, consider asking the event staff or session organizers for permission in advance. They can provide guidance and let you know if there are any specific requirements or limitations.
- Location and Duration: Some events might have designated areas or time slots where recording or livestreaming is allowed. Make sure you're aware of these areas or times.
- Respect Attendees: Be mindful of other attendees when recording or livestreaming. Avoid blocking their view or causing distractions.
- Equipment: If you're using equipment like cameras or tripods, make sure they are not obstructing walkways or creating safety hazards.
- Non-Commercial Use: In many cases, events allow attendees to record or livestream sessions for personal use or to share with their own followers. However, using recorded content for commercial purposes might require special permissions.
- Online Etiquette: If you plan to share livestreams or recorded content online, use appropriate tags, hashtags, and descriptions to credit speakers and provide context to viewers.
- Privacy and Consent: Be cautious about recording audience members without their consent. Some attendees might not want to appear in your recordings.
- Editing: If you plan to edit or share the content afterward, ensure that you're presenting the content accurately and in a way that respects the original context.
- Event Updates: Sometimes, events may have last-minute changes to their recording or livestreaming policies. Stay updated through the event's official communication channels.
- Event Hashtags: If you're sharing content online, use the event's official hashtags to connect with the wider community and allow others to discover your content.
The VidCon Code of Conduct outlines the expected behavior and standards of conduct for all attendees, creators, staff, and participants at VidCon events. The code of conduct is in place to create a safe, respectful, and inclusive environment where everyone can enjoy the event and interact with others. While the specific details of the code of conduct can vary from event to event, the general principles typically include:
- Respect: Treat all attendees, creators, staff, and participants with respect and kindness. Avoid discriminatory, harassing, or offensive behavior.
- Inclusivity: Embrace diversity and inclusivity. VidCon events are spaces for people of all backgrounds, identities, and abilities.
- Harassment: Harassment, including verbal, physical, or online forms, is strictly prohibited. This includes unwelcome comments, intimidation, and inappropriate advances.
- Privacy: Respect the privacy of others. Do not record or take photos of people without their permission.
- Safety: Follow safety guidelines and instructions from event staff. Report any safety concerns promptly.
- Compliance: Follow the event's rules, policies, and guidelines. This includes rules regarding cosplay, props, and appropriate behavior.
- No Hate Speech: Hate speech, including derogatory comments based on race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, and other characteristics, is not allowed.
- No Bullying: Bullying or cyberbullying is unacceptable. Do not engage in or support behavior that targets individuals negatively.
- No Disruption: Do not disrupt sessions, panels, workshops, or other events. Respect the experiences of others.
- No Solicitation: Avoid engaging in unauthorized promotion, advertising, or solicitation of products, services, or personal content.
- Consequences: Violating the code of conduct can result in consequences, including removal from the event.
- Reporting: If you witness or experience inappropriate behavior, report it to event staff or security immediately.
Yes, bringing gifts for your favorite creators at VidCon can be a thoughtful and appreciative gesture. Many attendees choose to show their support and gratitude by giving gifts to the creators they admire.